Skip to main content

Composition 3

Leading lines are lines that will lead the observer's eye to the object of the image. In these leading lines, the lines don't have to lead straight out to the distance, but can be pointing to different places in the photo.





Decorative lines are lines that are added to the actual subject to give the the subject more spice. If you were to take away these lines, the subject wouldn't change. 





Arrangement of lines is when the lines are the subjects that make up the photo. If you were to take away the lines out of the image completely, you would be left with a plain background. 




Comments

  1. you did a very good job of making each photo very clear and detailed. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of your photos. All of your photos successfully capture each photography element they are supposed to, and for this reason, I have no suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked all of your photos but I thought your arrangement of line composition was the best. I don't have any suggestions for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think each of you sections were really strong and I think your leading lines composition was your strongest. I think each of your photos portray all the elements for each section. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the use of nature in your images. I think your editing is really sharpe and makes your lines really stand out. I would try to experiment with color next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job capturing composition three within these photos. I enjoyed your arrangement of lines composition because of the last three pictures in particular. I loved the use of trees and sticks to capture these photos, because it was visually appealing and it creates different patterns, which leads my eyes throughout the entire photo. The use of darker tones in all your photos helped the subject and subjects pop. Fantastic Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the perspective you took on some of your photos, especially the second photo in your decorative lines series. Your arrangement photos of nature are also stunning and some of your best work. I have no critiques.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like these, especially the last three for your arrangement of lines. I like the use of organic shapes to have the same effect as sharpened, industrial ones. I don't think I have any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Composition 1

Diagonals are leading lines in a photo. They can be used to create a strong impression or movement in a photo. Diagonals can effect the mood of the image. Rule of thirds is when the main focus of the image is on one of the thirds of the grid while the rest is all simple. Rule of thirds happens  by placing the subject with the guide lines of a 3x3 grid. This allows the features in the image to flow Triangles can be used in  photography to fill the frame, add balance, and add movement in the images. They also help guide the obsever's eye to the subjects, and they are just interesting visually. 

Fall Series Draft #2

In this new draft, I realized that Jasper James' City Silhouettes were a bit brighter than what I had made them and that the photos of the people were all different sizes. Some of them were zoomed in while others were farther way. I started with the city as the background but I only edited it after I combined it with the picture of the person. This way, it allowed me to see how much the background need to brighten to make the picture of the perosn stand out more. 

Composition 2

Leading lines are lines in the image that lead your eye to another part of the picture. Anything that has a definite line can be considered a leading line. Depth staging involves placing on focus of the image very close, and the other focus far away. This emphasizes varying chararistics of the photo. Repetition is way to grab the attention of the observer into your image. Repeating a shape in your photo can say alot about your image.