Skip to main content

Composition 5



This assignment was based off the photographer Richard Avedon. He would photograph his models telling random things to see how they would react. At one point he would stand behind the camara, pretending to take the photos as they posed. Soon they would get tired and take of the "mask" and that's when he would start taking the photos. We followed a similar procedure. My three models were Jade, Lauren, and Sophie. At firs,t I gave them stuff to think about and take a picture of their reactions, but later I had them just talk about anything they wanted to. This allowed them to look natural and unposed in front of the camara.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Series Draft #2

In this new draft, I realized that Jasper James' City Silhouettes were a bit brighter than what I had made them and that the photos of the people were all different sizes. Some of them were zoomed in while others were farther way. I started with the city as the background but I only edited it after I combined it with the picture of the person. This way, it allowed me to see how much the background need to brighten to make the picture of the perosn stand out more. 

Composition 4

Symmetry refers to a line the splits the object in half. If both sides of the image are the same, it is considered symmetrical. The line that splits a symmetrical object is call a line of symmetry. In these images, I really wanted to use a vareity of objects to really capture the idea of symmetry in different ways. Asymmetry in a photos is when the two sides do not look the same. In my photos, it tried to capture this by trying different prespectives while taking the photos making sure to that the asymmertry was really noticiable.  Balance is a techinque used in photography that takes two differenct objects and they are placed in a way so that they look like equivalent weight in the image. This is the hardest because I didn't really understand the concept so I just took photos on what I thought that balance meant. 

Composition 2

Leading lines are lines in the image that lead your eye to another part of the picture. Anything that has a definite line can be considered a leading line. Depth staging involves placing on focus of the image very close, and the other focus far away. This emphasizes varying chararistics of the photo. Repetition is way to grab the attention of the observer into your image. Repeating a shape in your photo can say alot about your image.