Skip to main content

Draft 5

For this draft, I challenged myself to find images that didn't contain graffiti. My first photo does contain graffiti but I realized that because most of my other drafts murals and graffiti, I wanted broaden my horizon on choice of image. During the editting process, I wanted my images to not only look out of place, but also have a mysterious touch to them. I think this week was the hardest to edit because my photos were either too bright or too dark and at times I wasn't able to see what the images was trying to protray.














Comments

  1. I think your photos were really strong this week. I love the different location you used. good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best batch yet!! You did a really nice job and I love how unique each image it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your second and eighth photos the best because they had more creative subjects. You could play with your composition a bit more. Other than that, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your first photo and the eeriness that it has to it. My only suggestion would be to take less pictures of random things on the ground, like a coffee cup. From doing my research on Nathan Lyons, it's not very Nathan Lyons esque.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos of the trash are your best because of the contrast between light and dark and the desolate mood you created. I also really like the photo of the graffiti on the pole because of the disconnect between seeing and understanding. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. I like your choice of black and white because it really highlights the mystery of each image. I think the images of trash on the street was your best examples of this project. Great job Lakpa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black and white really connects these in a great way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Composition 1

Diagonals are leading lines in a photo. They can be used to create a strong impression or movement in a photo. Diagonals can effect the mood of the image. Rule of thirds is when the main focus of the image is on one of the thirds of the grid while the rest is all simple. Rule of thirds happens  by placing the subject with the guide lines of a 3x3 grid. This allows the features in the image to flow Triangles can be used in  photography to fill the frame, add balance, and add movement in the images. They also help guide the obsever's eye to the subjects, and they are just interesting visually. 

Fall Series Draft #2

In this new draft, I realized that Jasper James' City Silhouettes were a bit brighter than what I had made them and that the photos of the people were all different sizes. Some of them were zoomed in while others were farther way. I started with the city as the background but I only edited it after I combined it with the picture of the person. This way, it allowed me to see how much the background need to brighten to make the picture of the perosn stand out more. 

Composition 2

Leading lines are lines in the image that lead your eye to another part of the picture. Anything that has a definite line can be considered a leading line. Depth staging involves placing on focus of the image very close, and the other focus far away. This emphasizes varying chararistics of the photo. Repetition is way to grab the attention of the observer into your image. Repeating a shape in your photo can say alot about your image.